This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.
Winner Crowned, Ashley Varndell - Anti-Bullying Challenge
Published on Fri, Mar 15, 2013 (1:31 p.m.)An undiagnosed walking disability of 20 years left Ashley Varndell in a wheelchair but she continues undettered to spread her message of anti-bullying and will take her platform to the National Miss Wheelchair Competition in Houston, TX in July 2013. She won the title at a packed house at the Hilton Garden Inn in Henderson last week. Her message is being spread throughout Las Vegas schools as she works with the LVMPD liason through the Clark County School District.
- Three taco carts where you should stuff your face
- Interstate linking Las Vegas, Phoenix faces tough go
- Photos: Creativity abounds at Ernesto Zendejas’ Chayo Mexican Kitchen + Tequila Bar at Linq
- NASCAR Weekend: Hauler Parade; Saturday, Sunday races at LVMS; Kurt Busch to race twice May 25
- 10th-ranked Aztecs finish off Rebels down the stretch in 9-point win