This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.
Winner Crowned, Ashley Varndell - Anti-Bullying Challenge
Published on Fri, Mar 15, 2013 (1:31 p.m.)An undiagnosed walking disability of 20 years left Ashley Varndell in a wheelchair but she continues undettered to spread her message of anti-bullying and will take her platform to the National Miss Wheelchair Competition in Houston, TX in July 2013. She won the title at a packed house at the Hilton Garden Inn in Henderson last week. Her message is being spread throughout Las Vegas schools as she works with the LVMPD liason through the Clark County School District.
- Planet Hollywood headliner Britney Spears gets intimate … with apparel
- North Las Vegas has a new executive who’s prepared for tough decisions
- Body of missing swimmer recovered at Lake Mead
- Serious contender: Could this be UNLV football’s year to win the Mountain West?
- Nevada 150th all-star show is one to be remembered, if not recorded