This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.
Winner Crowned, Ashley Varndell - Anti-Bullying Challenge
Published on Fri, Mar 15, 2013 (1:31 p.m.)An undiagnosed walking disability of 20 years left Ashley Varndell in a wheelchair but she continues undettered to spread her message of anti-bullying and will take her platform to the National Miss Wheelchair Competition in Houston, TX in July 2013. She won the title at a packed house at the Hilton Garden Inn in Henderson last week. Her message is being spread throughout Las Vegas schools as she works with the LVMPD liason through the Clark County School District.
- Strip Scribbles: ‘Zumanity’ firings, plus Katy Perry at Caesars? Resident DJs Pharrell, Paris Hilton?
- Police: Las Vegas father crushed infant son
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy of ‘DWTS’: ‘Le Reve’s’ new $3 million sequence is ‘historic’
- Las Vegas startup lets you buy someone a drink from anywhere with Internet connection
- Strip club wants court to reconsider ruling on dancers