This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.
Winner Crowned, Ashley Varndell - Anti-Bullying Challenge
Published on Fri, Mar 15, 2013 (1:31 p.m.)An undiagnosed walking disability of 20 years left Ashley Varndell in a wheelchair but she continues undettered to spread her message of anti-bullying and will take her platform to the National Miss Wheelchair Competition in Houston, TX in July 2013. She won the title at a packed house at the Hilton Garden Inn in Henderson last week. Her message is being spread throughout Las Vegas schools as she works with the LVMPD liason through the Clark County School District.
- SLS helping keep north Strip from going south, nearby business operators say
- International Model Search winner Angela Byrd has lived in L.V. for one month
- Police working to ID suspect in casino cage robbery
- Joe Jonas makes his DJ debut at Foxtail in SLS Las Vegas
- Rock strikes 12 at Fremont Street with a dozen tribute bands lined up for NYE