This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.
Local Filmmaker sneak previews new health documentary downtown
Published on Tue, Aug 20, 2013 (3:16 p.m.)Sneak Preview of
SHARE THE ROAD
Feature-length documentary (100 minutes)
Four amateur cyclists who barely know each other try to ride from San Diego to Ocean City, NJ in the name of the Health Awareness Tour. They average 100 miles per day (and sometimes night) bearing Mojave Desert heat, midwest tornados and aggressive truckers on lonely highways. They talk to people on the street and leaders of major corporations asking them all: what is health? And why does it matter?
Robert Cochrane is a Las Vegas local and an award-winning filmmaker. As one of the riders on the team, he shot this film largely from the seat of his bicycle.
The film will be available for purchase/download on the website, www.sharetheroaddoc.com after the screening.
Location: Gold Spike – 217 Las Vegas Blvd N, Las Vegas (Downtown – Las Vegas Blvd. & Ogden).
Date: Monday, August 26
RSVP’s are appreciated: [email protected]
The Gold Spike is kindly providing complimentary popcorn.
- Preferring Southern Nevada’s workforce over Arizona’s, tent maker plants stakes in Henderson
- Metro says there’s more to story of bar confrontation caught on video
- ‘I don’t stick it in their face’: What it’s like to beg in Las Vegas
- Preseason all-city: Palo Verde senior, a dying breed in prep sports, highlights Sun’s team
- Calif. police sergeant accused of soliciting undercover LV cop