Las Vegas Sun

October 21, 2014

Currently: 83° — Complete forecast | Log in

This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.

Press Release

'Tales from the Wedding Altar' book released

Published on Wed, Aug 21, 2013 (5:40 p.m.)

“Tales from the Wedding Altar” is a book written by the #2 Wedding Officiant in Las Vegas, Rev. “Jimmy Mac” McNamara. (Rated by Wedding Wire Services)
Rev. Jimmy Mac has been performing weddings in Las Vegas for several years. “There are things that you hear; things that you notice because prior to the ceremony, I am pretty much a wallflower and everyone feels comfortable speaking around someone ‘they can’t see.’ There are petty things spoken between jealous women (and men!) There are secrets revealed by the father of the bride no one hears, and most importantly, standing in very close proximity of the wedding couple at the altar where the closest people are four feet away; the small whispers between the couple are priceless! Comments range from ‘You’re beautiful!’ to ‘I’m wearing the thong you bought me!’ There’s never a dull moment when people expose their ‘Tales from the Wedding Altar.’ Eavesdrop with him as brides, grooms, wedding party and family tell all in this funny and captivating book of short stories from the man who heard it all himself, Rev. “Jimmy Mac.”

The book was published by Christopher Matthews Publishing in July of 2013 (ISBN-10: 1938985230) and is available in eBook, Kindle, and Nook electronic formats as well as in print. The book is available through the publisher’s website www.christophermattherspub.com, www.barnesandnoble.com, www.amazon.com, https://itunes.apple.com and through the link provided on Rev. Jimmy Mac’s website: www.jimmymacvegas.com.

Book signings will be forthcoming at various locations throughout the city.

McNamara has been the pastor of a ministry for the elderly for the past five years and meets every Sunday at an Assisted Living Senior Facility. He and his wife Lori reside in the Spring Valley area.

Most Popular

• Viewed
  • Discussed
  • E-mailed