They Used to be Animals
Artist Yasmina Chavez marries traditional portraiture with found imagery to explore ideas of adaptation and human/animal coexistence. The exhibit is on display through March 15 at Counterspace at Emergency Arts and the opening reception is February 8 from 6-10 p.m.
Counterspace is open during Emergency Arts' gallery hours or by appointment.
Event is ongoing: Until Friday, March 15, 2013
- Mondays from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Mondays from 7 p.m. to 11:59 p.m.
- Tuesdays from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Wednesdays from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Thursdays from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Fridays from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Fridays from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Where: Emergency Arts, 520 Fremont St. , Las Vegas
Age limit: All ages
Event posted Feb. 7, 2013
Last updated Feb. 7, 2013
- The backlash has taken hold — but why was Biebs booed?
- Caesars Entertainment announces changes in executive positions
- Golden Gate owners hit rock bottom — for heating and cooling systems
- Former soccer coach, 36, going to prison on sex charges involving teenage player
- Wicked Whispers & Racy Rumors: NASCAR, Britney Spears, Jerry Lewis, Liberace and Criss Angel
- Swinger blocked from operating sex club gets another day in court
- County elections chief to serve on presidential panel to streamline voting
- Guilty fraud plea in $5.6M Las Vegas embezzlement
- Bill closing gun background check loophole advances at Nevada Legislature
- Police investigating suspicious death at Las Vegas house
Penn Jillette finishes second but spins a lot of magic on 'All-Star Celebrity Apprentice' (2 Comments)
Live from the Billboard Music Awards: Swift wins Top Artist; Bieber wins Milestone Award; Prince burns in finale (2 Comments)
Locally owned and independent for more than 50 years.